About Me

Hello, my name is Miguel Gomez,

I have started my higher education academic career right out of High School. Graduated in 2011 from John Bowne High School. Enrolled in Queens-borough Community College with no real idea of what I wanted to do. Eventually, I dropped out and worked. After the second year of working I felt an insatiable need to return to college and continue my education. I enrolled in LaGuardia Community College and soared through the courses. I also needed to work full-time. Some days were tougher than others but I pushed through and graduated. After graduating with an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts: Math and Science, I enrolled to The City College of New York. I decided that Civil Engineering is what I wanted to do. It combined my interests of building things from earthly materials and challenged my skills in mathematics and physics.

During my studies, I have grown a working proficiency of AutoCad and some basic skills in Microsoft’s Office Suite. I am also familiar with many of the general regulations and materials associated with the construction industry.

In addition to my studies, I am always learning outside of class. Some of the notable projects and groups that have inspired me are the Engineers Without Borders group and the creation of the Catskill Aqueduct. The courses I am currently taking has changed my views about the field and work. There is much social, political and economic forces affecting the field today.

As part of my job search, I am in the process of learning about the various design, construction and architectural firms in the New York metropolitan area. I am coach-able, personable and professional. I am eager to work with others professionals I can respect, admire and learn from.

I would welcome the opportunity to schedule a brief informational interview with your firm. I look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance in any way.